You are what you eat
Good nutrition no doubt plays a fundamental role for your over all health. You can improve your life just by adjusting your eating habits. If you so choose to be aware of what you are putting into your body, you will also be aware of what might be bad or good for you.
Choosing to eat foods that have lots of vitamins, you will notice a huge difference in your energy levels. You will feel more good about yourself in general. Fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals which should be a part of your eating habit.
Eating well will not only eliminate diseases but will keep you in good health and maximize your life.
These simple tips will help you achieve improve your health:
- Always eat whole and fresh foods.
- Eating fresh whole fruits is always better than packaged fruit juices.
- Always make a habit of reading labels when buying packaged foods.
- Try to balance all of the nutrition when eating.
- Eat every four hours.
- Don’t eat too much or eat till half full (1/3 eating)
- Exercise your body to burn calories.
- Don’t take too many multivitamin in one day.
- Before you follow any plan on exercise or nutrition, check the source.
- Eat variety of foods everyday.
- Write a journal on your eating habits to know what food group you should eat more or less.
- Try to eat fish at least once a week.
- Eat quality fish like salmon which are rich in Omega-3.
- Extra virgin olive oil should be used on salads or dressings.
- Smoking after eating is not good for health.
- Green tea is always better than tea.
- Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Broccoli fights cancer cells.
- Don’t go to bed immediately after eating.
- Carrots is good for your eyesight.
- Honey gives your energy.
- Use honey as substitute for sugar.
- Drinking lemon water in the morning kick starts your metabolism.
- Mushrooms controls your blood pressure.
- Yogurts calms your stomach and helps digest food.
- Soups are to be taken whatever the weather.
- Eat dark vegetables for a dose of vitamin D.
- Minimize your caffeine intake.
- Chew your food at least 32 times when eating.
- Buy organic foods whenever possible.
- Avocado is good for your heart and well being.
- Frozen vegetables retains almost all of its nutrition.
- Swap soda drinks for water.
- Coconut water revitalizes your energy.
- Eggs gives your quality protein and raises your good cholesterol.
- Fasting is good for your overall health.
- Try to stay away from artificial ingredients.
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day.
- Oranges are great source of vitamin C.
- Swap white bread with brown bread. It has more fibre.
- Insomnia? Try chamomile tea before bed.
- Stick with one cup of coffee per day.
- Dark chocolate is good for your mood.
Best of luck and don’t forget to comment and share your tips.