Superfoods are those food types that are known to have very high nutritional and medicinal values. They help the body in the efficient and optimal carriage of its functions and ensure that immunity is boosted. These foods are all natural. Below is a list of 10 superfoods that will aid your body’s optimal functioning;
This nutrient filled pseudo-cereal has a wide range of benefits;
- It has powerful antioxidants that like Quercetin and Kaemperol that help in body detoxification
- High fiber content that helps lose weight, reduce blood sugar and lower cholesterol
- Offers a gluten free diet
- It is high in essential amino acids and proteins
- It has trace minerals like magnesium
Fact: There are 100 types of its kind.
The oil found in coconuts has many beneficial nutrients;
- Abundant in medium level triglycerides that diminish effects of brain disorders and boost day and night energy spending while curbing appetite leading to long term weight loss
- Fatty acids that destroy pathogens curbing infection
Fact: In Philippines, they make vodka from coconut.
This cruciferous vegetable has a number of nutritional advantages;
- High potent antioxidants like Beta Carotene and nutrients known to boost eye health like Lutein
- Best source of Vitamin C important to synthesize collagen apart from being a soluble antioxidant, Vitamin K for blood clotting and minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium.
- When steamed it is highly effective in lowering bad cholesterol levels by binding bile acids
Fact: It has more vitamin C than orange.
- Raise good cholesterol levels
- Contain the rare and very essential choline nutrient
- Better eye health through Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- High in animal protein and essential amino acids
Fact: China consumes 40% of world total eggs.
- High soluble fiber that lowers bad cholesterol levels, lowers blood sugar and boosts digestion
- Potent source of magnesium and folate that reduce risks of heart diseases, iron that helps in oxygen transport in blood affecting energy and metabolism and protein.
Fact: Long shelf life of full one year.
- Gluten free and has fiber that helps lower bad cholesterol as well as triglyceride levels
- Peptides and oils that have anti inflammatory effects
- Antioxidant nutrients and rich protein, potassium, zinc and phosphorus source
- Has the rare lysine, an essential amino acids that helps in bodily calcium absorption and energy production
- Essential vitamin A,C,E,K,B5,B6 source
- Boosts immunity and prevents aging
Fact: Grown by Aztecs about 5,000 to 6,000 years ago.
7. Sweet potatoes
- High source of manganese, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron
- Source of vitamins B6,B5, B1 essential to efficient body functioning
- Has potent antioxidants
Fact: Official vegetable of North Carolina.
8. Bell pepper
- Source of carotenoids that aid in good vision, healthy skin and high immunity as well as vitamin C
- High fiber
- Lycopene that acts as a powerful antioxidant
- High vitamin C source for radiant skin
- High fiber that boosts bowel movement and reduces constipation
- Potassium that boosts heart health
Fact: Its unique antioxidant protects you from DNA damage.
- Lower bad cholesterol levels
- Great source of iron hence helps anaemic people and calcium for strong bones
- Have polysaccharides that have anti carcinogenic effects reducing the risk of prostate and breast cancers.
- High protein and vitamin source including the rare vitamin D
- Has ergothioneine a powerful antioxidant
Fact: People of ancient Egypt believed mushrooms grew magic.
These foods all have a good mix of nutrients that will have you visiting the doctor less and enjoying a healthy life. They are unique in the richness of nutrients they provide compared to other foods. This richness is what makes them superfoods!